Photobucket
Sunday, March 28, 2004
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie's Vision

*First Started*
When I went to a Youth Camp at 13 years old, someone prayed for me and saw a vision. She saw me in the mission field, planting seeds. Then, she prayed a confirmation. Then, for the next few years, God moulded my character to make me stronger and more dependent on Him.


*How it sparked*
When the African Children’s Choir came to our church to perform in January 2003, they showed us a video of the situation in Africa. Since then, compassion for these people in Africa started in my heart. I saw the poverty, the starvation and poor living conditions. I wanted to do something about it.


*Vision*
Then, in secondary school, I was really interested in science, mainly biochemistry and biomedical. I wanted to do something with my education for God. Then, God placed in me this vision-- to be doctor, go to Africa, mainly the Sahel region, bring cure to the people’s, mainly children’s, bloated stomachs and diseases, give them clean water and food, and the gospel.


*Inspiration*
For the past few years, I have been reading the Left Behind Series. It talked about the Rapture and many were martyred because of Jesus. It really inspired me to die for Christ too. How I never need to be afraid to stand up for what I believed in. I pray that, one day, if I were to be in a situation that I would be killed for my faith, I will take it. I will have the power, and be so proud, to be a martyr for Him.


*Confirmation*
At a Youth Alive Conference on 18th June 2004, God spoke to me again, through someone. He said, "because you sought my face and wanted me to fill you so desperately, i will add upon you a double portion. I will fill you with my zeal and use you so mightily because you trust in me. I saw that you clinged on to me when I seemed distant, and you trusted me for all that I've brought you through. I will lead you and fill you with my presence. I have also placed this vision in your heart. And though you are unsure of the place you are going to, and when you are going, you still trusted me. I will lead you. Always be desperate for more of My glory. I will give you wisdom and discernment."


*Encouragement*
When polytechnic started, I began to lose track of God's plan as the course I took was really tough. It was really stressful as I did not take Biology in secondary school, and now I was taking Biomedical. But God wanted me to focus on His plan for my life. In SNL, 10th July 2004, God spoke to me through Ps Daniel. He said, "Don't be discouraged. Always focus on what I have in stored ahead of you. You will do well because you have Me. I have called you and I will not let my work fall to the ground. You can do all things through Me."


*Consistency*
On 18th Sept 2004, in SNL, through Ps Daniel, God said I had to put Him in 1st place. But I thought I did. God said, "if you want to work more closely with me and walk with Me on a higher level, your communication with me should me more than just the time we have during your daily devotion. It should be constant communication throughout the day." I should be more in tune with God, and I should not be surprised if He speaks to me, though I'm always extremely happy if He does. God is really so wonderful. After you are victorious over an obstacle on a certain level, then comes blessings, and preparation for the next level. God, You never fail to amaze me. I love you so much so much.


*Amazement*
Sometimes I wondered why God would use someone so small and so ordinary, to do great things for Him. But He did this, so that people will know that it is He who has called me, and it is only through Him, that I can do ALL things. =) GOD IS GREAT!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |1:37 AM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*