Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes when we give, we expect something in return, maybe more gifts perhaps?
But little do we realize, that God the Father, has given us more,
but have we given back to Him, in terms of tithe, offering, time and ourselves?
Yet He does not become upset with us, or stop pouring His blessings upon our lives because we have forgotten to give back to Him.
Maybe because of this, do we take Him for granted. We expect Him to give more.
I've heard of people say, "If God gives me a pay rise, then will I give my tithe. I have insufficient."
Such ingratitude.
Like the Israelites, complaining and grumbling, never appreciative of what God has given them.
Have they forgotten that God sent His only son for us? Have they forgotten that He gave His all, to exchange for our love?
Thankfully, God is not a selfish, petty God. He is a long-suffering God, unlike us, humans.
He is the complete expression of love.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |3:56 PM|