Photobucket
Friday, April 15, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God, when I watched ER the other day, I wanted to be a doctor so bad! haha.
Stethoscopes, white coats, meeting the needs of the people immediately. That is so cool.
But if I were to think of doing this without You, God, how foolish I was!

And that thought did cross my mind!
"If I were to be a doctor, working in a hospital... nice salary... you look professional... people respect you..."

But the holy spirit literally knocked that thought out of my head.
"You can never do this without God. You can't even get to med school without Him. What were you thinking? He will give you all you need if you obey and follow Him-- to go where He sends you to, not to where you want Him to follow you to. Not to have people respect you so that you can feel good about youself, but so that people will come to know and stand in awe of Him. This is about Him, not you."
"And if you ever think you can do this without Me, without seeking my face for directions, your dream job of being a doctor will really be a dream."

Yes, God. I really deserved that scolding. Super kai ma.
So small, yet so ya ya.
God, please constantly wake up my idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |12:33 AM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*