Photobucket
Friday, August 05, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apostolic Faith
Sermon by Rev. Colin Dye

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Depart and go up from here, you and the people whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, to the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘To your descendants I will give it.’ And I will send My Angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanite and the Amorite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in your midst, lest I consume you on the way, for you are a stiff-necked people.”

Then Moses said to the LORD, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’ Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”
And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.”
So the LORD said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.”
Exo 33:1-6, 33:12-18

A man that was beaten, battered, broken and disillusioned--God was seeking him even before Moses sought Him. God is pursuing you. He wants you to know Him with the same amount of knowledge that He knows you.
Holiness is essential--it is more than a mark of respect--it is connectivity with the living God. When Moses removed his shoes, he could feel His presence. Our God is a God to be experienced. He connects with our deepest feelings. He wants us to know Him personally--not just head knowledge.
God told Moses that He was going to deliver His promises to them, bless them, drive out the enemies before them, but He was not going to go with them.
Moses knew what really mattered in life. Not just results, blessings and performance. He knew that the only thing that counted was Him. And if God was not going, he would not go too. Moses knew that nothing could be a substitute for God. All the promises of God meant nothing without the Presence of God.

And Moses passed the test. And he got the Presence and the promises.

Everything we have and need is found in Him.
Though we have fear, we have an assurance of His presence. He promises Himself. He is more than enough for us. And when we have Him, we get all the blessings that go along.
There is one soul condition: He gets all the glory.
It is all about Him, not about us. He is #1.
Moses wanted to know God personally, "Show me Your glory." Glory= manifestation of everything He is.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |11:51 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*