Photobucket
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The devil went down to the Jordan
He was lookin' for a show to steal
He was in a bind 'cause Jesus came to find
The people willing to make it real

And he came across the Son of Man
Saw Him in the desert and prayin' to God
Then the devil jumped upon the chance to tempt Him
Said, "Boy, let me tell ya, it's hot!"

"I guess you wouldn't show it, but I can tell you're cravin' food
And kid I'm scared this desert air might get the best of you
Now you ain't been eatin' your vittles boy
But now, your dinner is due
So if you're really God's son, then turn these stones
To bread and I'll butter it for you. "

The Lord said, "I am hungry, but that would be a sin
Cause it ain't by bread man's gonna be fed
But by the Word God's given him."

John the Baptist washed the Lord and there's where it all starts
Cause Jesus left the Jordan and the devil hit Him hard
And if He wins we get to walk on Heaven's streets of gold
But if He sins the devil gets your soul

The devil took Him up in space and said, "Why don't You throw
Yourself off of this temple top as I watch You from below
Cause I'm sure You know that God will send
All His angels to assist
And man would believe that You are Him
If they saw you did somethin' like this"

When the devil finished, Jesus said
"Well, you're temptin' God, old son
And it's written down in that book right there
That thing should never be done"

Shout from the mountain what God's done
The devil ain't a match for the rising Son
You can never tempt God, did you not know
Man, he doesn't live by bread alone

The devil finallly said, "Jesus, if You'll just worship me
Then I'll give you gold that glitters
Every crown, and all You see"

Jesus said, "Devil, just turn on back
Cause I'm never gonna buy your scam
I love God too much, I'm gonna resist
I suggest you'd better scram!"

And we say

Shout from the mountain what God's done
The devil ain't a match for the rising Son
You can never tempt God, did you not know
Man, he doesn't live by bread alone

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |11:50 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*