Sunday, August 28, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water-walkers accept fear as the price of growth
Here is the deep truth about water-walking: The fear will never go away.
Why? Because each time I want to grow, it will involve
going into a new territory, taking on
new challenges. And each time I do that, I will experience fear again. Fear and growth go together like macaroni and cheese. It's a package deal. The decision to grow always involves a choice between risk and comfort.
Risk and comfort tend to grow into a habit. Each time you get out of the boat, you become more likely to get out the next time. It's not that the fear goes away, but that you get
used to living with fear. You realize that it
does not have the power to destroy you.
On the other hand, every time you resist that voice, every time you choose to stay in the boat rather that heed its call, the
voice gets a little quieter in you. Then at last you
don't hear its call at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |1:27 AM|