Photobucket
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long will you refuse to keep my commands and my instructions?
Exo 16:28
How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them?
Exo 14:11
Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the Lord fills the whole earth, not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times--not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.
Exo 14:21-23

Oh God, sometimes I am like the Israelites. I've seen Your signs and wonders and faithfulness in my life. But after a while, I forget all Your strength and might and lose sight of what You can do. Instead, I start focusing on myself. I forget my purpose and the victory I have in You. I forget who I am in You, I forget that I have a God who is on my side. I forget I have the greatest God! I forget that nothing is more important than having You pleased with me. I even forget that there is nothing better than being in Your presence.
How could I! God, I don't want to be like the Israelites, who they totally miss Your promises and presence. Make me like Moses, who seeks and obeys you more than anyone. Who always keeps in mind Your faithfulness, signs and wonders, and steps out in faith despite his fears and people's discouragement, because his eyes are set on You alone. He knows You are numero uno.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |12:50 AM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*