Photobucket
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD.
Proverbs 16:2

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
1 Corinthians 4:5

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Matthew 6:5-8

Search me, O God, and know my heart: Test me, and know my thoughts; Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Psalm 139:23-24

Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
Psa 119:36-37


Jesus, you know every motive behind everything I do. You know me inside out. Though I try to give some self-righteous explanations for the things I want to do/have done, you see my motives. You see that I want to prove myself to be more than what people see/think I am. Holy Spirit, remind me that I am not dancing for this world. I am dancing for You alone. I give You all the things that I want to do. Change my motives and heal my soul. Let everything I do not be for personal gain or have impure motives, but let me enjoy them with You and have You delighted in me.

It is okay to want to do these things. But what are your motives behind wanting to do them?
I want to heal you.
You had been cut by a piece of glass, and the wound was sewn up with the piece of glass still inside. It hurts when you touch it, so you stick many pieces of plaster over the wound. You pasted so many pieces of plaster that you even forget the pain, because it is covered up almost in entirety that you can't even see it.
But I want to re-open the wound. I want to take out that piece of glass that has been the root of the pain. Then, I will sew it back nicely, and the wound will heal. You won't need any more plasters to cover the wound as there is no more pain, even when you poke at it.

The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:46

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |11:08 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*