Photobucket
Friday, October 21, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordinary embraces his Big Dream
The Dream Giver gave me a Big Dream before I was even born. I just finally woke up to it!
My Dream is what I do best and what I most love to do. How could I have missed it for so long?
I had to sacrifice and make big changes to pursue my Dream. But it will be worth it.
It makes me sad to think that so many Nobodies are missing something so Big.

Ordinary leaves his Comfort Zone
It was hard to leave my Comfort Zone. But it would have been even harder to leave behind my Dream, and I'm glad I didn't.
I still don't feel worthy or able to do my Dream, but the Dream Giver has promised to help me.
Now I know a secret: I can 'take courage', even when I feel afraid.
My Big Dream was on the other side of that invisible Wall of Fear.
Could I move? Would I move?
I had to step through it. I didn't think I could, but I did. That step is a huge step toward my Dream!
Courage is not the absence of fear; rather, it's choosing to act in spite of the fear.

Ordinary meets Bullies in the BorderLand
I met Bullies at the BorderLand--they were Nobodies I knew!
When I left Familiar, it upset the Comfort Zone of those close to me. They felt like they were losing something important.
Even though my Bullies tried to stop me, some of their concerns will help me.
I couldn't sway all my Bullies. In the end, I had to decide who I would please. I chose to please the Dream Giver.

Ordinary enters the WasteLand
After crossing the Waters, I thought my Dream was just around the corner. Instead, I found a WasteLand.
I was disappointed by the delay. And my doubts about the Dream Giver only made things worse.
Now I see that the WasteLand was not a Waste! It has taught me to trust the Dream Giver, even when he's nowhere in sight.
I think I am stronger now. I'm following Faith, and every day I feel more prepared for whatever that lies ahead.

Ordinary finds Sanctuary
I will never be the same after Sanctuary. I swam in still waters there and washed away the last traces of the WasteLand.
The Dream Giver's light revealed the darkness inside me. It was unbearable. How could he want me to come any closer? But he took away my darkness.
When the Dream Giver asked me to give my Dream to him, I didn't think I could. But I wanted the Dream Giver more than my Dream, so I did.
The Dream Giver gave my Dream back to me. Now it is part of his Big Dream--and that means my Dream is a lot bigger than before. May I always use it to serve him!

Ordinary reaches the Valley of Giants
I met a friend who shared my Dream and helped make it happen.
Before I met my first Giant, I met the Commander. He told me that I am a Warrior! He showed me that my weapons are every Truth I've learnt on my journey.
Unbelief is dangerous. So far, I have chosen to Believe. But if feels risky every time.
Even though I've been prepared to face my Giants, I still need the Dream Giver's power. Every time I defeat a Giant, the Dream Giver receives honor. Giants beware!

Ordinary thrives in the Land of Promise
I'm writing to you after a very long journey, but I made it! I'm living in the Land of Promise and watching my Big Dream happen all around me. And to think it all started with sticks and mud when I was little!
I discovered that every Nobody has a Dream, and it's never too late to pursue it! I know you thought your Dream died, but a Big Dream never dies. Your Dream is here somewhere, waiting for you. And if you don't pursue it, something very important won't happen.
The Land of Promise is only the beginning.


The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |6:16 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*