Photobucket
Friday, December 02, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Potter and the Clay
Sermon by Rev. Kong Hee

The people who think they are the most ready, usually are the most unready.
The people who think they are the most able, usually are the most unable.
The people who think they are the most anointed, usually are the least anointed.
The people who think they are the most eloquent, usually are the weakest creatures.
The people who think they should be used, usually are those that God think they should not be used.
But the people who say, "God, it's not my will but Yours. God, I'm not ready, but if You want me, I'll do it. God, I'm small but You are great, and in You I'm great. I may be weak but You are strong, but in my weakness I'll become strong. God, You have Your way. I'll do anything. I'll be an Obed-edom. If you want me to clean the toilet, I'll clean the toilet. If you want me to stay on the shelf, I'll stay on the shelf, I'll be the vase on the shelf. I don't care if nobody sees me, I just want to hang around Your anointing, I just want to hang around Your people. I want You to have Your ways in my life."

Kong Hee: "In 1989, I said, God, I can't do anything. I want to be a missionary to Philippines, I don't think I'm cut out to be a pastor. I don't think I'm good enough, I don't think I'm able. But God, my life is in Your hands.
The Lord told me, son, I've prepared you for such a time as this, your mission field is not Philippines, your mission field is in Singapore. And out of Singapore, I will raise up a generation of people who will go all over the world.
I said, "God, You sure? I feel like such a loser. You sure You can use me?
God said, just trust me.
But what about 1981, 83, 85, 86, when I thought I was ready? The Lord said, you stay on the shelf."

God puts me through His dealings so that I can shine for Him.
'"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!"' Jer 18:6
God is a perfect gentleman. God never forces His way in our lives.
Will you be clay in the Potter's hands? Will you let Him have His dealings, His ways? Will you let Him take away the impurities, take away the air bubbles, deal with you, put you on the shelf if necessary. Deal with your attitude, rather than your skills; deal with your character rather than your comfort; deal with your desires rather than your demands. Will you let Him? If you will, you will be a vessel for honour in the house of the Lord.

I am a clay in Your hands. You are the Master Potter. Father, sanctify me, prepare me, do a work deep in me, so that when I'm done, Lord I'll be ready, I'll shine for You. I'll bring glory to the name of Christ. People will observe me, my conduct, my attitude, they'll see the way I work, and give glory to Your name. Father, do a work in me. Bring me through the school of hard-knocks, bring me through the school of trials, testings. Bring me through the school of the Holy Spirit. Father, I will not complain. I humble myself. Do a work in my life, so that I'll be a beautiful vase, a vessel for honour in the house of the Lord.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |8:25 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*