Thursday, December 22, 2005
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a long time since I've watched a movie/TV, but after last night, I felt so far away from You after I watched 'the Prince and me'. It toyed with my emotions and left me disillusioned. But the Spirit of God took over as soon as I asked Him to renew my mind.
The forbidden fruit really looked fun and exciting. But He made me realize that this is exactly how the devil's trap is. It may look fun, sweet and harmless, but it leads to death and destruction.
It looked a lot like love. Even I was deceived. That definitely was not love, Spirit of God said, that was lust. Love is not only based on feelings. When it is just based on feelings, it fades away, and the two people will go away unhappy and disillusioned.
Jesus' love is true love. But the devil loves to distort love, and let people live for the pleasure of the moment. The world says, go according to your feelings. It's fun.
If your flesh is not crucified, you will follow after your feelings.
But if your flesh is dead, your spirit would be alive in God.
A relationship that is based on feelings will fade away, but a relationship that is based on the Word of God, will not fade away.
God's standards are far far away from the world's standards. That is why you can't really keep your heart pure if you watch too much TV. God's values are far from satan's. You do not live like the world.
I would have said it was a sweet love story last time, but not this time. When you watch movies/TV, their values seep into your mind so unknowingly that it's scary. No wonder I see many Christian classmates so much like the world, because they watch so much of TV everyday, all they talk can about is TV programmes. They are so much into the world, and the world is so much in them, that you can't tell the difference.
But Reina is different, yup, she doesn't watch much TV, and you can tell she is passionate about Jesus. He is practically all she talks about.
What are you passionate about? It will show up in your conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |9:30 AM|