Monday, March 13, 2006
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God, I love Your plans. I love You. I long to be used by You.
Help me obey You always, and give You all the glory.
Have You been purifying my motives of going to Hillsong Conference?
Because I have 2 jobs, and a Hillsong Conference reply came.
What are You up to? I'm excited, yet I want this to be all about You, not me. Change me.
I live for You. I want to be Your instrument.
I'm not sure what's gonna happen, but if it's Your will, I want to be in it. Thank You for all the reassurances of Your presence.
I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You
You alone are God alone
You alone are worthy Lord
And with all I am my soul will bless Your name
I thought about Winfried and his family left behind. How would they face the outcome of their decision to obey the Lord? I knew them well enough to know the answer to that question. The answer was simple.
Although they were on the ministry payroll, they had never been working strictly for me. No one but God could have directed them to take this action. They were obeying.
People in obedience to the Lord do not worry, do not fret, do not need to know all of the outcomes before they are willing to commit themselves. They would face it one moment at a time. Borrowing no anxiety from the future, they would simply put one foot in front of the other until they arrived-- either at their earthly or their heavenly home.
I have learnt that when we speak the words that God has whispered in our hearts, we don't have to handle it-- He does. The Scripture says that He watches His word to perform it. We can rest easy.
I knew that God had a bigger view of our present troubles than any of us could possibly know. I went to sleep in that confidence, leaving our situation in His omnipotent hands.
Even greater
Reinhard Bonnke
I work for a higher power.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |5:53 PM|