Saturday, March 18, 2006
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been You so far. And I'm happy! I praise You, because it is all about You.
Thank You for Your perfect timings. I can't help but grin at all these, because it is Your work. None of man's plans can be as perfect as Your timing, Your plan.
Amazing. I praise YOU!
It started last night at when I broke down before three of them.
"I know I have been a lousy leader, and God, You know. Do you still want me to lead them? I really don't know how. I cannot. Do You want to get someone else to lead?
I can't do this. I don't know how to do this at all. None of it. No plan. Nothing. Really lost. I just don't know what to do next.
Show me O Lord. I haven't felt Your love in a long time. Please tell me You love me."
Today morning, I woke up, knowing at the back of my mind, that I'm supposed to meet Xiao Joyce and Joseph at 1.30pm for discipleship at church. But my work was gonna end at 1.30pm. There was no way I could get there in time, and no one I could think of to help me.
So I asked You, "You gotta provide for me today, God. There's no way."
I was doing the paperwork, zapping stuff, thinking, "should I ask Dr Wong to release me at 1? How ah. Should I get a cab?"
Then Dr Wong came up to me and said, "You can go now, there's nothing more to do." I looked at the clock, it was only 12pm.
!!!!!
I walked down the road thinking, "where should I eat, God?"
Then Subway popped into my mind. "But Orchard got Subway meh?"
"Yeah, Cineleisure."So I went to Subway. Queueing, I was thinking of which sandwich I should get. "Should I get Italian BMT? It's $4.90. Eh, what about Roast Beef. But it's $5.50, never tried it though, don't know whether nice anot."
"Roast Beef's fine."
Thinking to myself, "I think I need a drink. Maybe I should get a meal. Huh!? It's $2.20 more ah. Nevermind, I'll drink plain water."
So the Subway guy packed my sandwich, and asked whether I would like the bread to be toasted. I said yes.
When I had to pay, a Subway girl asked me whether I would like to have a meal. I said no. But she said, "You'd get a free meal if you toast your bread."
And I was given a big drink and 2 cookies.
!!!!! And, the Roast Beef Subway sandwich was the best Subway sandwich I've eaten. Must have been made specially for me with love.
Then, You prompted me to go to get cakes for the two guys. So I went to NYDC, and ordered two slices of cake. It came up to $13.55. I searched my wallet. I only had $13.50 left! But the waitress offered to pay the 5 cents for me.
!!!!!
At that time, it was 12.45pm already. I knew I couldn't take the MRT and change to 852 coz it would take an hour. Not much time left. I decided to take 171 to church.
"But, oh no, I don't have value in my card! Only MRT concession. And I spent all my money. God help! Please let there be money in my card. Please. Oh no. Should I go to Somerset MRT to check first?"
"Aiya, you go Somerset MRT check, also have no money to top up. Just go straight to the bus stop lar.""Ok Ok." When I reached the bus stop, almost immediately, the bus came. When I tapped my card, it read, $0.34 cents.
!!!!!
On the bus, I did a lot of reflecting on Your perfect timing.
!!!!! I knew that if You could plan everything so perfectly for me for the first half of the day, You also could for the next half of the day.
"Coz I still don't know how to lead the cell. You gotta be there, God. I don't know how to do any of these."
At cell, we celebrated Mark and Joseph's birthday, together with Alicia. I heard Mark say, "wah! NYDC cake leh!"
Only You who would have known that He would love such a cake. He was later happily eating it at dinner.
!!!!! Anyway, at cell, the ice really broke.
The
coldness melted, and You started to
bind us together in love, exactly like Mark had prayed. I will never forget that.
I did not know how You manage to do it, but it broke. Everyone just started to share, when previously for many weeks, everybody was oh so cold.
!!!!!
You are just amazing.
And I know, the sermon was from You just for me. I didn't know 3 hours went by just like that. That would require a story as long as this one.
AND AND AND, everyone went to dinner! As a whole cell!
God! Only You can do this!
!!!!!I PRAISE YOU! You never cease to amaze me.
Oh God, be glorified through all these!
!!!!!
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing.
Thank You Jesus, for being interested and planning all the tiny details.
I really appreciate it so much.
I know that even at times where I don't outrightly see Your love staring in my face, I have to look for them because they are in the details. Maybe even tinier, but planned with as much love.
Thank You.
I love You Lord.
!!!!!
Help me to see the lost as You see them. I want to "
save just one more".
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |11:48 PM|