Monday, April 17, 2006
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I long to run across this big open field with wild flowers.
I long to feel the wind with my arms spread wide open.
I long to lie on my back with the vast sky overhead with a great number of stars.
I long to breathe in the cool fresh air.
I long to be what You made me to be.
I long to be where You want me to be.
But I'm still here, because You are interested in the journey and not the destination.
I'm still here because I'm not taking the step of faith to share with the people You pssted me to.
I want Your circle of protection.
I want Your blessings.
And I know they only come with obedience.
The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years because they didn't trust You enough to conquer their enemies.
They forgot what You could do, even though You have shown them so many times. How forgetful.
Like me.
I don't want to be stuck here for a long time like them.
I know I've forgotten again.
Holy Spirit, help me to be more like Moses instead of the Israelites.
I want to move on to the next level.
I know that everything I've learnt is being put to the test.
Help me, God! I know You believe in me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |7:14 PM|