Photobucket
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus,
I will remember the times when You have been so close to me, I will remember Your promises.
Honestly, I don't know how and why You would want to use someone like me.
I'm seeing my bad character resurface and so many more of my weaknesses stare me in the face.
I can't even do simple things well.
I don't even know how to share the gospel properly.
I feel like such a loser.

I don't feel Your presence, God.
But I know this does not mean You are not here for me.
Though this period of time is hard, You have sent many people to encourage me.
I guess it's Your different way of showing me Your love through the silence.
Please don't let this silence last too long, God.
I'm afraid I'll crack.

"Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay."
Psalm 70:5


Though I know there are so many reasons I see why You shouldn't use someone like me,
I do want You to use me.
You said before that You can make something beautiful out of something ugly.
You said that You will bring me to the place You promised.
I know I am part of something bigger than myself.
I trust in You, God, because I know that no matter how many times I've failed, You will still pick me up. You will still love me.

I will fight for you
I will see you through
By the power of My Spirit, says the Lord


I will remember Your promises.
Make me more like You, Jesus, change me.
You said that, during this period of time, my fears will be magnified and my faith will be stretched,
but You will show me many things.
God, help me stand strong during this wilderness.
Help me never to bring shame to Your name.
I love You, Lord, remember me.
I love You, Lord, so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |3:45 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*