Photobucket
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little girl loved playing the piano, and her mummy brought her to a piano concert by a famous pianist to instil in her a greater love for playing.

Nearing the start of the concert, her mummy could not find her in her seat. To her horror, when the curtains opened, her little girl was sitting at the grand piano on the stage. She was innocently playing her 'twinkle twinkle little star' piece, while the audience snickered.

Then, the infamous pianist stepped forward onto the stage and whispered to the little girl, "continue playing, don't stop." And as the little girl continued playing her silly song, the pianist filled in the base notes, then he ingeniously flowered in more notes. It was amazing. The audience begin to clap, praising the pianist's talent for taking something simple, and turning it into something beautiful.
As told by Bro RiXiang


I love this story. I am this little girl, I'm playing a piece with a 'talent' that people would laugh at, but as the Grand Pianist whispers in my ear and says, "continue playing, don't stop", I'll obey, playing only for Him, putting out of mind what the audience may say. But as He starts filling in beautiful flowery notes into the silly piece, people begin to take interest, and starts praising Him.
That is what I want. I want to play for Him alone, and when people praise, they will praise Him. Not me. He did all these wonders, not me. I am nothing without Him, I simply do what He tells me to, and I just enjoy playing for Him! (:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |6:05 PM|



Eveline Tan. purplepots@gmail.com


Diary Archive


*March 2004*
*July 2004*
*August 2004*
*September 2004*
*October 2004*
*November 2004*
*December 2004*
*January 2005*
*February 2005*
*March 2005*
*April 2005*
*May 2005*
*June 2005*
*July 2005*
*August 2005*
*September 2005*
*October 2005*
*November 2005*
*December 2005*
*January 2006*
*February 2006*
*March 2006*
*April 2006*
*May 2006*
*June 2006*
*July 2006*
*August 2006*
*September 2006*
*October 2006*
*November 2006*
*December 2006*
*January 2007*
*February 2007*
*March 2007*
*April 2007*
*May 2007*
*June 2007*
*August 2007*
*September 2007*
*October 2007*
*November 2007*
*December 2007*
*January 2008*
*February 2008*
*March 2008*
*April 2008*
*May 2008*
*June 2008*
*July 2008*
*August 2008*
*September 2008*
*October 2008*
*November 2008*
*December 2008*
*August 2011*