Sunday, September 02, 2007
Captivate my heart, dear Jesus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God is totally committed to Himself.
At first, He created everything to perfectly reflect His glory. The sun, moon, trees.
And He created man.
He gave Adam and Eve one command, for He is most glorified when I are most free.
I have the most potential in glorifying God, for I am created in His image.
But when I decide to take a little glory for myself, there is competition with God. I decide not to give Him all the glory.
'If God is totally into Himself, then He cannot be totally into me,' I think.
So I decide to take some glory for myself.
But things did not get better, it got worse.
Sometimes I think, 'life would be better if I'm in the centre, and God at the side, and I get all the glory.'
But I was not created for that.
I was created to reflect.
And if the thing that reflects become the centre, what gets reflected?
Nothing.
Only when there's light, then there is form and function.
I am a mirror, not a light bulb.
When I try to position myself as the source of life, life gets worse.
And there's a reflection of darkness.
Everytime the mirror trys to be the light, there is no light.
I say I don't want to be God, but I want some of His glory.
'I'll be the light bulb, You be the mirror.'
It gets reflected in my prayers and how I think about God.
Me. Me. Me.
"Coz I'm in the middle, and I want You to reflect me."
"I'm gonna do my thing, You stay, but when I'm in trouble, I whistle, I expect You to come running to help me."
I'm an idiot if we expect God to wait on me, and tell God what to do.
I make God look stupid.
But that's what I do when things orbit around me.
"I need to confess my sins or He won't help me later."
Until I embrace the fact that I am a mirror, not a source of light,
I'm a reflector, and not the source of energy,
I am meant to reflect God's glory, and not God reflect mine,
I will find my purpose,
For this is what I am designed for.
When I fulfill that,
I will be secure, and find more peace and joy,
than I can ever find anywhere else doing anything else.
Because it is about Him.
God says, "Just in case you look at the stars in the sky, and nature,
and you are not impressed that you should give me all the honor and praise,
and you think I should give you honor and praise,
I'm gonna send my son to die for you.
And if you ever doubt that I am not worthy of all glory and praise,
you can just look at the cross.
That can prove that I am the great and mighty God,
because I did for you what you could not do for anybody else.
I died for the traitorous race.
When the King lays down His life for the traitors,
it says more about the King than about the traitors."
"And if you have any doubt that He should sit on the throne,
that He should be your number one priority,
that He deserves all the glory,
Him dying on the cross for you should remove all these doubts."
The cross removed all the excuses,
because You did for me what no ordinary man would dream of doing.
You forgave my attempts to hijack Your glory,
even though You knew all of that.
"The ugliest people you would ever want to be with, is someone who always try to take God's glory. That is unattractive.
But the man or woman who understands that 'it is not about me, it is about Him, and how I can give Him the maximum glory,'
those are the most attractive, happy people you will ever meet.
Because you will never be happy until you find out what you were created to do."
I was designed to be a reflector, not a source of light.
1 rule-- God gets and will get all the glory. All of it.
He's gonna win.
I can either ignore that rule, and He's gonna get glory through me anyway,
or I can embrace the fact and use it as a lens to see through every aspect of my life--
my dreams, money and relationships.
This isn't about me, it's about Him.
And all of a sudden, I go, 'Oh'.
Until I know the rule, it doesn't really make sense.
But when I embrace it,
that all of these is really just for Him,
life will be better for it makes more sense.
I must commit a day to give Him the maximum glory.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Eveline pops at |10:56 AM|